Tuesday, October 9, 2012
5 GREAT reasons to launch your recession proof career in Aesthetics or Hairdressing!
According to recent statistics people have reduced spending on luxury cars, their homes, and travel, but are still willing to spend for beauty services that run from hair highlights to a day at the spa. According to employment experts, job trend information demonstrates that the beauty industry will offer "shelter from the storm" for workers, no matter how the economy is doing.
1. Demand… People always need hair stylists, manicurists and estheticians, just as they always need teachers and dentists!
2. Long live luxury… Hairstylists and Estheticians cater to those who have disposable income and want to be pampered. This wealthy consumer easily withstands any recession, and continuously spends on beauty, health, and wellness.
3. Baby Boomers… In a society obsessed with youth and beauty, aging baby boomers - a group of roughly 78 million North Americans are content to spend money to attain youthfulness. Nowadays, even retirement homes provide onsite hair salon services and other beauty services.
4. Stress management… Many illnesses are aggravated by stress; regular spa visits can prevent as well as help treat various health issues.
5. Occupational Outlook…The United States Department of Labor forecasts that employment opportunities for estheticians will increase rapidly through 2016. Therefore no matter where the economy takes us in the coming years, job security will remain intact for beauty professionals.
Don’t delay… train to land a job and a future in a strong industry sector. Register NOW at the Gordon Robertson Beauty Academy by phoning WAAVE at 514-732-7766. Visit us at http//grc.lbpsb.qc.ca to learn more about us and the beauty industry!